.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Uncommonly Sensible

Keeping the "anal" in analytical... (While trying to remain civilized)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 29, 2008

Three points of contact...

This "Boss Hoss" trike has hidden characteristics:


From a "Boss Hoss" press release:

"Boss Hoss Cycles, manufacturer of America’s ultimate V8 powered cycles, has teamed up with V-8 Performance, Inc., creators of the Hossfly, to produce the Boss Hoss Advantage Trike, the first wheelchair accessible trike that is tailored specifically to the disabled rider. The new Advantage Trikes are scheduled for release in September 2008."

Check it out:


I think that's pretty awesome!

Boss Hoss trike (standard version)

Cheetah Trikes:


Precision Cycle Works - Tri-Cycle:


Renegade Trikes:


Rewaco Trikes:


So Cal Trikes:


Thoroughbred Motorsports:


Kind of sleek; almost an automobile.

TriRod: "ride it like a motorcycle, corner it like a race car. The best of two very intriguing worlds."

That's what they say, at any rate. To me, it looks kind of backwards, with the double wheels in front an' all.

In the event that I live long enough, I figure I'll consider something along the lines of one o' these machines.

First, of course, I have to live long enough.
(One never really knows)

I'm not being maudlin; merely pragmatic...

15 Comments:

Blogger boberin said...

I kept scrolling thinking each time "hey, that one is cool!" but the next picture was even better. Now I'm really torn, they all look like fun!
Ah, living long enough...how long would that be? I think few folks feel at the end that it was "long enough". Then again, that thought is actually liberating in it's own way...

August 29, 2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger benning said...

Very clever and Imaginative! Somebody was thinking!

I liked that Renegade Trike. Kinda reminds me of the Munsters!

August 29, 2008 9:41 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

I find the Thoroughbred Motorsports version VERY attractive. Sleek, and elegant...love that look! ;-)

August 29, 2008 10:11 AM  
Blogger FrankenLooper said...

I have a friend who would eat up that first one. He became a para from a bike wtreck in the 80s. I guess he could for for quad with that one!

He keeps talking about getting a car. We keep talking him out of it. He'd be trying burnouts with a Honda Accord, seriously.

If ever someone was not defined by their disability, it's "Ricky on Wheels". (his name for himself.)

August 29, 2008 11:26 AM  
Blogger Just call me Shelly said...

We have bike night across at the 50's drive-in across the street. Lots of trikes as we boomers are getting older. Many are really great and makes me want to grab a seat and go.

But that first one, hmm, looks like one I could use.

August 29, 2008 11:20 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

boberin:
Lots of neat-looking machines, to be sure.

I meant long enough to need something like that.
(So far I'm still able to handle an 800 lb. Harley)

benning:
Clever and imaginative describes them well.

I see what you mean about the "Renegade" being reminiscent of the Munsters, too.

Bunny:
The Thoroughbred Motorsports "Stallion" looks almost like a car.
(But a very sporty car, at that)

Frank:
I think having something like the Boss Hoss "Advantage" could open up a whole new world to the wheelchair bound, so of course I'm all for that.

Ms RightWing:
As "we boomers are getting older". Exactly.

I'm sure that you could use the "Advantage". Here's hoping that you get the chance...

August 30, 2008 8:50 AM  
Blogger RAM said...

Hey Jack! Pretty amazing, I was just thinking how much I miss riding motorcycles. When GOD completes my healing, that is one of the
first things I am going to do! That wheelchair bike is TOO COOL! God bless, john/R.A.M.

August 30, 2008 8:55 AM  
Blogger RAM said...

P.S. The picture I am using of me is from 1973 in Germany during my Army days. I do not have any recent pictures of how ugly I have become, but will post one soon! hehe

Camo has seen me as recently as 2005 when I was in Philly for business, and met for dinner and fellowship!

August 30, 2008 8:59 AM  
Blogger Beerme said...

A friend bought a conversion kit for his BMW a while back and had it converted. He loves it.
I am not so enamored but, to each his own...

August 30, 2008 10:29 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

RAM:
The wheelchair bike is pretty doggone cool.

Has it been since 2005? I didn't seem that long.

Beerme:
As 'tis, I like riding riding my Harley...as 'tis.

But circumstances change...

August 30, 2008 10:44 AM  
Blogger RAM said...

Jack, If I am not mistaken, it was November, 2005 when we enjoyed those "Cheesesteaks". Nice restaurant!

August 30, 2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger mig said...

I lopve the one with the wheelchair, that is really great.

August 31, 2008 6:38 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

RAM:
Time flies, huh? Especially when I'm on vacation. I just got back yesterday.

The Oregon Diner is a pretty good eatery, yes.

mig:
I agree; the one with the wheelchair option is really great.

September 07, 2008 10:01 AM  
Blogger RAM said...

Glad you are back! Hope you and the family had a BLESSED vacation! john

September 07, 2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

RAM:
Thanks...it's always nice to be able to get away on a vacation.

September 08, 2008 7:51 PM  

<< Home

Free Site Counters
hit Counter